Posted on Leave a comment

Oh, This Again…

Please forgive a bit of copy & paste here:

Shortly before we would have left the house this morning, we got a call from my son’s nursery because another one of the children in his group had tested positive for COVID-19. He has no symptoms right now, but is required to isolate for 10 days. This means my wife and I will be looking after him instead of sending him to nursery 4 days a week. As my wife is involved in the local response to the pandemic, I will be taking on most of the childcare duties. I will be working as much as I can in evenings and at the weekends, but my time will obviously be much reduced. Again.
Best case scenario is that my son is back to nursery for the start of February March.
Worst case is that he shows symptoms on the 9th day, and we are all then required to isolate for 10 days, at the end of which we then get symptoms and the period is extended for a further 10 days. I don’t expect things to go that way, but it is highly likely we will get it if he is carrying the virus now.

On the plus side, this week Graham and I have finally got the temporary workshop set up after last week’s low temperatures delayed the work. He’ll be keeping that side of things running, as well as handling shipping. It’ll be clunky, but we should be getting orders out very soon. I’m sorry to those of you who have already heard that before. Seems like one setback after another, but we’ll get back to normal eventually.

Thanks, and stay safe,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *